The Tommy’s Manchester Half plans to become the UK’s most inclusive mass participation event.
Since launching in 2016 the run has been a huge success, with over 17,000 people expected at the run on Sunday 11th October. Whilst it’s already known as a friendly and diverse run, we are keen to ensure that the event epitomises the range of backgrounds and cultures that make up all of Manchester and the surrounding areas, and breaks down the barriers that stop many from joining in.
To help develop and achieve its aim the organisers have recruited a team of volunteers from a range of backgrounds to help advise on future developments.
The panel meets four times a year at key times pre and post event to offer thoughts and feedback for the organisers and include:
- Stephan & Chloe Couture – Assisted Wheelchair Runner
- Barinderjit Cheema (aka Usingh Bolt) – Representing Ethnic Minorities
- Darren de Vally – Inspiring Change Manchester
- Farhana Hemani – Manchester Pride – Engagement Manager
- Chris Vaughan – Visually impaired runner
We are looking for more people to join our panel and represent an area they are passionate about. Would you like to help? Fill in the form below and we will get back to you.