Manchester Half Marathon Race Information
All you need to know about the new Manchester Half Marathon's super-fast, flat course with great entertainment, outstanding crowd support and a glorious finish at Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club.
Why the Manchester Half Marathon?
Manchester Half Marathon 14th October 2018
If you only enter one half marathon this year ,make it the Manchester Half Marathon.
1. One of the flattest and fastest around. Only 41m of elevation gain and a 2 mile + finishing straight, we expect to see some very fast times here.
2. Fully closed road event on wide, open roads with superb marshals all along the route. 5 drink stations along the route at miles 3,5,7,9 & 11.
3. Brought to you by the organising team behind the double award winning UK’s Best Marathon – Xtra Mile Events.
4. The on-course support will be outstanding – we have great links with the communities on the route and they know how to support runners.
5. Race village at Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club with their amazing facilities.
6. You will get a huge medal
7. Finisher T-shirt with the usual very cool design – it is Manchester!
8. Great spectating along the course – use the Metrolink to watch at up to 7 points along the course.
9. Corporate team competition will be available.
10. Great opportunity to raise funds for your favourite charity.
11. Fantastic finish line experience with great goodies! We are pulling out all the stops to make this the UK’s Best Half Marathon so enter now to secure your place on the start line.
14th October 2018
Half Marathon start: 09:00
Race village - Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Talbot Rd, Manchester M16 0PX
Start: A56 Bridgewater Way, 5 minute walk from the race village
Finish: Talbot Road, outside Lancashire Cricket Club
The entry fee will rise to the highest price on midnight August 14th 2018. The current entry fee is £36 (£34 for affiliated runners)
We advise you to use the Metrolink tram network to Old Trafford. There is now a direct Metrolink service from Manchester Airport to Trafford Bar. It will take approximately 40 minutes and Trafford Bar is a 10 minute walk from Old Trafford, where the race village and finish are located. Visit the Metrolink site for more information: http://www.metrolink.co.uk/.
Parking will be available nearer the date.
We shall have a team of pace runners who will be running the Manchester Half Marathon at designated speeds. They will be easily identifiable and will make it easy for you to hit your target time.
Race packs which contain your number, timing chip and info sheet will be sent out in the post in September for those who entered before the 20th September.
The Manchester Half Marathon will be timed with state of the art disposable timing chips. Your time will be recorded at various split points along the way – 5km, 10km, 15km and the finish.
There will be a varied assortment of entertainment on the race and the atmosphere is stunning so we don’t believe that you would want to listen to your own music as you run around the course. However, we have listened to you and there is no specific rule from RunBritain other than headphones are banned in championship races.
Anyone who is not running for a prize is now allowed to wear headphones.
If you do wear headphones PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be considerate to your fellow runners. Wearing headphones DOES impair your hearing and there is every chance that you will not be able to hear important instructions, ambulances and other emergency services, or an ‘excuse me’ from a fellow runner. If you must wear in ear headphones, please leave one out – you never know, you might enjoy the atmosphere and the entertainment!
Any lost property handed in on the day will be taken to the Information Marquee. This will be taken back to the Xtra Mile Events office and kept for 2 weeks before being disposed of or given to charity.
QUALIFYING FOR OTHER MARATHONS
The Manchester Half Marathon is licenced by UKA and will have been measured to IAAF standards. This means that your time, should it be quick enough, will be eligible as a qualification time for other events where a half marathon time is sufficient for qualification.
The Manchester Half Marathon has been officially measured as accurate by the Association of UK Course Measurers to IAAF standards. The licence is available via the link on the homepage.